The Arundell Arms is the perfect venue for your wedding day. We are licensed for civil ceremonies so whether it’s a venue to host your romantic wedding day for exclusive use or the setting for an intimate reception our hotel manager will coordinate all the arrangements to ensure that your special occasion is one to remember.
The Arundell Arms at a glance
- 26 bedrooms – all individually designed with the comfort and modern amenities of an English Country Hotel.
- Restaurant – with an international reputation for the best of English cooking using locally sourced produce prepared by our Master Chef and team.
- Drawing Room – With an open log fire this room is an ideal venue for your wedding reception with direct access to our beautiful terraced garden.
- Terraced Garden - where swifts and swallows soar over your head as you enjoy a drink in the evening sun, an ideal backdrop for those special photos.
- Hotel Bar – With an open log fire and relaxing atmosphere this is an ideal venue for your guests to enjoy.
- Tamar Room – With a civil licence this an ideal venue to take your vows.
- Car park – with 80 spaces.
- Courthouse Bar – recently refurbished, this village pub retains its traditional comfort whilst offering a fine selection of wines and interesting local ales.
- 20 miles of private river fishing & Tinhay Lake – For guests who wish to arrive early or indeed stay longer we can provide expert tuition along with fishing tackle.
- The hotel is ideally located with the A30 being only minutes away. From the A30 Exeter is only 45 minutes away with its excellent transport links of the M5 and main line train station.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the capacity for a civil ceremony? Our Tamar Room can accommodate 80 guests
- What is the capacity for a reception? Our Drawing Room can accommodate 80 guests and with direct access to our beautiful terraced garden the choice is yours.
- Can drinks & canapés be served in the garden? The hotel gardens are ideal for entertaining weather permitting of course.
- What is the seated capacity of the dining room? We can comfortably accommodate 80 guests for a sit down wedding breakfast.
- Can we have a choice of menu on the day for our guests? For numbers over 10 guests we kindly request you to select a set menu for everyone. Guests with any dietary requirements or allergies can be catered for. There is also a vegetarian menu available.
- What is the hotel’s policy on corkage? Unfortunately, we do not allow guests to provide their own wines. We are proud to offer our guests a very interesting wine list – please consult with the manager for special requirements.
- Is it possible to have music entertainment? There are several options available for the Ceremony – from a string quartet, pianist, harpist or perhaps your own selection of music. A portable CD player is available and can be used for background music. You are most welcome to provide your own selection of music or we have some on hand. For the Reception we can recommend either a live band or DJ. We request that the evening entertainment finishes by 12am.
- Is dancing allowed? When the hotel is booked on an exclusive basis our combined main and small dining rooms are ideal for dancing. We are able to arrange a disco or live band until 12am to include a dance floor. When the hotel is not booked for exclusive use our Tamar Room is also ideal as a venue on the same basis.
- Are there baby changing facilities? The hotel has separate baby changing facilities on the ground floor of the hotel.
- Does the hotel have disabled access? The hotel has disabled access on the ground floor only and also includes a separate disabled toilet. Our Access statement can be found on our website.
- Can you recommend wedding suppliers? Having hosted many wonderful weddings over the years we have an excellent list of local suppliers, from florists to hair and beauty, which we can trust to make your day perfect.
- What is the deposit required to secure my booking? The hotel requests a deposit of £500 on confirmation of your booking.