Arundell Arms Hotel Access Statement
We aim to confidently ensure that all our guests have comfortable facilities, all requests are dealt with efficiently and everyone is made to feel welcome throughout their stay. As far as possible we will accommodate the requirements of all our guests. We will explain our facilities and how they may meet guests’ particular requirements.
- There are free designated car parking spaces next to the hotel reception.
- There is a drop off point outside the main reception
- There are automatic doors at the main reception which are suitable for wheelchairs.
- All ground floor doors are open during normal service hours
- There is level access to the main reception
- The reception area has seating for guests to wait
- Porter service is available to assist guests with luggage
- When checking-in, reception staff will note if guests will need assistance in the event of an evacuation and this forms part of the night porter brief.
Public rooms in the hotel
- The whole of the ground floor of the Arundell Arms Hotel is level and accessible to wheelchairs – as is much of the surrounding garden including the terrace adjacent to the Cockpit
- The hotel bars are on the ground floor – there are no steps
- There is a lounge on the ground floor and waiter service is available
- All corridors and public areas are well lit
- All doors and corridors are wide enough for wheelchairs/zimmer frames/pushchairs
- There is a disabled toilet on the ground floor that is suitable for wheelchairs and has baby-changing facilities
- All diets can be catered for although advance notice is helpful.
- The menu is printed on green paper to assist those with dyslexia
- Larger print menus are available on request
- There is a ramp to access the 2 steps up to the Restaurant however a full restaurant service can be provided in the ground floor bar or lounge if requested
- High chairs are available and may be used in all areas
- The restaurant lighting is even but can be varied using dimmer switches
- Dogs including service dogs are allowed in the hotel
- Door frames and doors are painted contrasting colours to the walls in the public areas
- Wi-Fi is available Free of Charge throughout the public rooms and all of the bedrooms
- Our main meeting room (Tamar Room) is easily accessible from the main car park by means of a gently sloping ramp.
- There are male and female toilets accessible from the Tamar Room lobby and a disabled toilet is available on the ground floor in the main hotel.
- The Lyd Room and Carey Room are both on the ground floor and accessible via level access from Reception.
- The Ottery Room can accommodate 8 guests. It is usually accessed via a staircase which may prove difficult for those with mobility restrictions.
- WiFi is accessible in our meeting rooms using a PIN code which will be issued by Reception on request.
- Private dining is available in all of our meeting rooms.
- Of the bedrooms, there are four ground floor Garden Rooms which are suitable for those with restricted mobility. These can be single, twin or double-bedded.
- There is one ground floor room with level shower access (although the bedroom itself has 2 steps down to it)
- We have a direct dial telephone, an audio alarm that is activated by the fire alarm and smoke alarms in every bedroom
- The bedrooms and bathrooms are generously proportioned but some provide more turning and transfer space than others
- We try as far as possible to allocate bedrooms based upon individual guest needs
- Emergency procedures are posted on the door to each bedroom and are explained upon check in for any disabled guests upon request.
- A door handle card to indicate if guests will need assistance in the event of evacuation is provided in every bedroom
- Every bedroom has digital television with remote control
- There are bedside lights
- All of our bedding is non-allergenic
- All rooms are non-smoking in compliance with current legislation
- Furniture within the rooms can be moved.
- Every bedroom is carpeted
- Bedroom lighting can be switched on at the entrance to the room and also within the room
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC
- All bathrooms have non-slip floor shower mats
- Bathroom lighting is very bright and all sanitary ware is white.
We are constantly refurbishing and upgrading our public rooms and bedrooms. We have been granted planning permission to add an additional bedroom that is suitable for guests who use a wheelchair.
Although we have tried to be as accurate and include as much detail as we can in our Access Statement, we are always willing to give information on any aspect of the hotel if this statement does not answer your particular query.